Corporate strategic planning simulations for first-year students
The corporate strategic planning simulations for students of the degree programs in Business Administration and International Business Studies will be held in two different sessions:
- Monday, October 10, to Tuesday, October 11, 2016
- Wednesday, October 12, to Thursday, October 13, 2016
You can state which dates you would prefer to attend the simulations on when you register. You will be allocated to a specific session by the administrative team. The simulations will be held from 8.30 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. on each day. The corporate strategic planning simulations are a compulsory course which ends with a graded examination. The written examination for all students will be held on October 14, 2016.
For more information and to register for the course, please visit www.wiso.fau.de/unternehmensplanspiel (German).
The following aspects of business administration will be covered using computer-aided simulations:
- administration: thinking of business alternatives, interpreting market situations and market outcomes correctly and implementing them in targeted decisions
- procurement and warehousing: calculating optimal order quantities
- production: investment and divestment decisions, utilization planning, human resources planning
- sales: analyzing market and competition situations, planning marketing budgets, analyzing market research reports, determining pricing policy
- finance: finance planning, income statements, balance sheet analysis
Students work in groups to solve a real business problem.
Learning objectives and skills
Students learn how to:
- recognize and analyze complex business situations in a game-like setting
- interpret market situations and market outcomes correctly and implement them in targeted decisions
- link strategies to goals and implement them in decisions
- recognize relationships between areas where decisions need to be made and co-ordinate decisions
- improve team work and organization