International Business Studies
General Program Information
The Bachelor’s degree in International Business Studies (BSc) is a perfect start into a professional career in international business. The three-year program provides you with all essential knowledge for understanding and analyzing the international business environment. The distinct international perspective of the program reflects the growing importance of multinational operations and emphasizes the comparative study of business strategies and policies. The program consists of core and elective modules in a variety of fields, with all courses conducted in English. The international perspective is complemented by a mandatory semester abroad that is integrated into the curriculum.
- Please use the Online Application Portal CAMPO to submit your application. Kindly note that applicants are required to hand in paper copies of several documents. Please inform yourself in a timely manner which documents are required and whether you need to provide a certified copy. Please find more detailed information upon entering your application into CAMPO and under “Admission” in the navigation bar on the left.
- Subject to approval, application portal opens on May 06, 2020.
- Deadline for applications is July 15, 2020.
- Kindly note that applications are only possible within the above time frame. The admission committee does not offer pre-screening of application documents and does not accept applications via e-mail or applications outside of the given time frame. We ask you to please respect the admission process.
- Start of the program: October 2020.
The program provides a sound understanding of the basic principles of business, accounting, economics, statistics and quantitative analysis. It enables students to understand and analyze specific problems related to international business and multinational operations. This includes the ability to generate a quantitative assessment using the appropriate statistical and econometric methods as well as fluency in a non-native language.
The curriculum provides the graduate with entry into numerous fields of activity in business, for example, in large, international corporations and also in medium-sized businesses, which are increasingly seeking to recruit graduates with intercultural competence and international experience. Potential employers encompass private corporations, the public sector, but also supranational institutions and non-profit organizations. The program prepares graduates for the possibility of interesting employment in a variety of industries.
The program is designed for high-school graduates interested in business with an international perspective who are looking for a solid foundation for a professional career in business, government, or international agencies. The program also prepares students to pursue graduate studies in business, economics, or public administration. In order to apply, you need a higher education entrance qualification. This is typically a qualified secondary school diploma, though sufficient professional qualification may serve as a substitute depending on approval by the university. The degree program is taught in English throughout. Therefore, good knowledge of the English language is an essential prerequisite to successfully complete the degree program.