International Business Studies
General Program Information
The Bachelor’s degree in International Business Studies (BSc) is a perfect start into a professional career in international business. The three-year program provides you with all essential knowledge for understanding and analyzing the international business environment. The distinct international perspective of the program reflects the growing importance of multinational operations and emphasizes the comparative study of business strategies and policies. The program consists of core and elective modules in a variety of fields, with all courses conducted in English. The international perspective is complemented by a mandatory semester abroad that is integrated into the curriculum.
For further information, please visit the degree programs website.
- Please use the DoSV for registration and the Online Application Portal CAMPO to submit your application. Kindly note that applicants are required to hand in paper copies of several documents. Please inform yourself in a timely manner which documents are required and whether you need to provide a certified copy. Please find more detailed information upon entering your application into CAMPO.
- Deadline for applications is
July 15, 2020August 20, 2020.
- Kindly note that applications are only possible within the above time frame. The admission committee does not offer pre-screening of application documents and does not accept applications via e-mail or applications outside of the given time frame. We ask you to please respect the admission process.
- Start of the program: October 2020.
Preliminary Semester Dates:
- Mid of October: Nürnberg Orientation Course for international students by the International Relations Office
- 26.10.2020: Get-together with Mentors & City-Tour of Nuremberg in person*
- 02.11.2020 Virtual Welcome Event
- 11:00 – 12:00h Virtual Welcome Speech (Dean of International Affairs + International Office)
- Short introduction session IBS
- Short introduction session IES
- Week 02.11 – 06.11.2020: Two separate opening events for IBS & IES in person*
- Week 02.11 – 06.11.2020: Lecture start in IBS and IES in person*
More precise information will be provided as soon as possible.
* Depending on the pandemic situation, while taking all necessary precautions. Otherwise, virtual substitutes will be provided.
The program provides a sound understanding of the basic principles of business, accounting, economics, statistics and quantitative analysis. It enables students to understand and analyze specific problems related to international business and multinational operations. This includes the ability to generate a quantitative assessment using the appropriate statistical and econometric methods as well as fluency in a non-native language. The compulsory stay abroad as well as seminars provide students with important intercultural competencies that are necessary for a successful career in international business.
The curriculum provides graduates with entry into numerous fields of activity in business, for example, in large, international corporations and also in medium-sized businesses, which are increasingly seeking to recruit graduates with intercultural competence and international experience. Potential employers encompass private corporations, the public sector, but also supranational institutions and non-profit organizations. The program prepares graduates for the possibility of interesting employment in a variety of industries.
The program is designed for high-school graduates interested in business with an international perspective who are looking for a solid foundation for a professional career in business, government, or international agencies. The program also prepares students to pursue graduate studies in business, economics, or public administration. In order to apply, you need a higher education entrance qualification. This is typically a qualified secondary school diploma, though sufficient professional qualification may serve as a substitute depending on approval by the university. The degree program is taught in English throughout. Therefore, good knowledge of the English language is an essential prerequisite to successfully complete the degree program.
for all students who began their studies in 2019/20 or earlier
for all students beginning their studies in 2020/21 and later