International Economic Studies
General Program Information
The Bachelor’s degree in International Economic Studies (BSc) is a perfect start into a professional career as an economist, whether you aim to work in business, government or academia. The three-year program provides you with all essential knowledge for understanding and analyzing the economy and economic policy. The distinct international perspective of the program reflects the growing importance of international economic integration and emphasizes the comparative study of economic policies. The program consists of core and elective modules in a variety of fields, such as international economics, international business and international politics, with all courses conducted in English. The international perspective is complemented by a mandatory semester abroad that is integrated into the curriculum.
For further information, please visit the degree programs website.
- Please use the DoSV for registration and the Online Application Portal CAMPO to submit your application. Kindly note that applicants are required to hand in paper copies of several documents. Please inform yourself in a timely manner which documents are required and whether you need to provide a certified copy. Please find more detailed information upon entering your application into CAMPO.
- Application portal opens on
May 25, 2020July 1, 2020.
- Deadline for applications is
July 15, 2020August 20, 2020.
- Kindly note that applications are only possible within the above time frame. The admission committee does not offer pre-screening of application documents and does not accept applications via e-mail or applications outside of the given time frame. We ask you to please respect the admission process.
- Start of the program: October 2020.
The program provides a sound understanding of the basic principles of economics, accounting, statistics and quantitative analysis. It enables students to understand and analyze specific problems related to international economics and economic policy. This includes the ability to generate a quantitative assessment using the appropriate statistical and econometric methods as well as fluency in a non-native language. The compulsory stay abroad as well as seminars provide students with important intercultural competencies that are necessary for a successful career in international economics.
The curriculum provides graduates with the required skills to enter a professional position in a variety of institutions that are concerned with economic decisions and economic policy. Potential employers encompass private corporations, the public sector, but also supranational institutions and non-profit organizations, which are increasingly seeking graduates with a background in international economics and international experience. The program prepares graduates for the possibility of interesting employment with banks and consultancy companies.
The program is designed for high-school graduates interested in economics with an international perspective who are looking for a solid foundation for a professional career in business, government, or international agencies. The program also prepares students to pursue graduate studies in economics, business, or public administration. In order to apply, you need a higher education entrance qualification. This is typically a qualified secondary school diploma, though sufficient professional qualification may serve as a substitute depending on approval by the university. The degree program is taught in English throughout. Therefore, good knowledge of the English language is an essential prerequisite to successfully complete the degree program.