International Business Studies
Short presentation of the Master of Science (M.Sc.) in International Business Studies (MIBS)
The program provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the complexity of international business. Students are supported in acquiring all the necessary skills required to succeed in an international environment. Special attention is given to the variety of approaches that firms choose to adapt their international operations due to the diversity of laws, business practices, and cultures across the globe.
This degree program is taught in English. Therefore, a good knowledge of English is an essential prerequisite to successfully completing the degree program. Proof of English language proficiency at TOEFL iBT 100+ level or equivalent is required for admission. Moreover, this reputable program has more than 1.000 applicants each year and hence a very good GPA in a fitting Bachelor’s Degree is expected. Due to the international orientation, the program also requires relevant work or study experiences abroad.
- change in schedule: The introduction event for the MIBS degree program takes place on Monday, October 22nd, 2018, 5.00 pm at room H2
- Please check http://www.im.wiso.uni-erlangen.de regularly.
- Please use the Online Application Portal campo for master’s degree course for your application.
- The application portal opens in the beginning of 2019.
- Application deadline is May 31st each year.
- Start of the program: October each year.
The emphasis is on increasing the students’ capacity to understand and analyze foreign operation modes and to make decisions related to foreign market entry and management strategies. The students develop essential communication and intercultural skills. Students have the opportunity to earn credits at one of our partner universities worldwide. The program includes company visits as well as lectures and workshops with executives from leading companies. The wide variety of business language courses complete the international focus of the program and prepare students for their career in an international setting.
Besides the profound theoretical and practical knowledge that students acquire in the program, the MIBS student group represents the idea of “practice what you preach”. Besides our highly international teaching and research focus, each year’s student group consists of approx. 60 students from more than 30 countries around the globe. We think that you can only teach internationally, when you live internationally, and we appreciate and foster diversity and interculturality.
Master of International Business Studies Alumni started working after completion of their studies in highly reputated companies, such as:
- Bosch Rexrodt AG
- GfK Group
- Remondis International
- Roedl & Partner
- Roland Berger
- … and many more.
The program is designed for outstanding and motivated students who have successfully completed:
- a bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration, Management or a related subject, or a bachelor’s degree in another field, but with sufficient knowledge of international business,
- an internationally accredited English language proficiency test like TOEFL or IELTS, or being native speakers from an English-speaking country,
- their respective bachelor’s degree with an outstanding GPA,
- one or multiple abroad stays in foreign countries for work or studies.
- sufficient and detailed knowledge in business and statistics.
Detailed admission requirements can be found on the left side of this page.
The program is designed to give students a deep insight and profound knowledge in the field of International Business and enables them to act independently in a global business setting. The Master in International Business Studies qualifies students to work in companies, institutions or associations operating internationally. The program also prepares students for future research work in the field of International Business.