International Business Studies
Short presentation of the Master of Science (M.Sc.) in International Business Studies (MIBS)
The program provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the complexity of international business. Students are supported in acquiring all the necessary skills required to succeed in an international environment. Special attention is given to the variety of approaches that firms choose to adapt their international operations due to the diversity of laws, business practices, and cultures across the globe.
This degree program is taught in English. Therefore, excellent command of the English language is an essential prerequisite to completing the degree program successfully. The admission committee requires all applicants to submit proof of their English language proficiency, which can be met by providing a TOEFL score of 105+ or an equivalent certificate such as an IELTS 7.5+ score. Kindly note that neither UNICERT nor English-speaking Bachelor Degrees outside of the US, CAN, UK, IRE, AUS, or NZL are accepted as an equivalent.
Moreover, this reputable program receives over 1,000 applicantions each year. A very good bachelor’s degree GPA in a field relevant to International Business Studies is expected. Students must have completed at least 30 ECTS in the area of business and business administration and 5 ECTS in the area of statistics, econometrics, and mathematics. Due to the international orientation, the program also requires relevant work or study experiences abroad.
- March 30, 2021, 2.00 p.m.: Info session on the Master’s program via Zoom.
- Please use the Online Application Portal CAMPO to submit your application. Kindly note that applicants are required to hand in paper copies of several documents. Please inform yourself in a timely manner which documents are required and whether you need to provide a certified copy. Please find more detailed information upon entering your application into CAMPO and under “Admission” in the navigation bar on the left.
- The application portal opens on April , 2021.
- Application deadline: End of May, 2021
- Kindly note that applications are only possible during this time frame. The admission committee does not offer pre-screening of application documents and does not accept applications via e-mail or applications outside of the given time frame. Kindly refrain from any requests regarding this aspect.
- Start of the program: October / November 2021.
The emphasis is on increasing the students’ capacity to understand and analyze foreign operation modes and to make decisions related to foreign market entry and management strategies. The students develop essential communication and intercultural skills. Students have the opportunity to earn credits at one of our partner universities worldwide. The program includes company visits as well as lectures and workshops with executives from leading companies. The wide variety of business language courses complete the international focus of the program and prepare students for their career in an international setting.
Besides the profound theoretical and practical knowledge that students acquire in the program, the MIBS student group represents the idea of “practice what you preach”. Besides our highly international teaching and research focus, each year’s student group consists of approx. 60 students from more than 30 countries around the globe. We think that you can only teach internationally, when you live internationally, and we appreciate and foster diversity and interculturality.
Master of International Business Studies Alumni started working after completion of their studies in highly reputated companies, such as:
- Bosch Rexrodt AG
- GfK Group
- Remondis International
- Roedl & Partner
- Roland Berger
- … and many more.
The program is designed for outstanding and motivated students who have successfully completed:
- a bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration, Management or a related subject, or a bachelor’s degree in another field, but with sufficient knowledge of international business,
- an internationally accredited English language proficiency test like TOEFL or IELTS, or being native speakers from an English-speaking country,
- their respective bachelor’s degree with an outstanding GPA,
- one or multiple abroad stays in foreign countries for work or studies.
- sufficient and detailed knowledge in business and statistics.
Detailed admission requirements can be found on the left side of this page.
The program is designed to give students a deep insight and profound knowledge in the field of International Business and enables them to act independently in a global business setting. The Master in International Business Studies qualifies students to work in companies, institutions or associations operating internationally. The program also prepares students for future research work in the field of International Business.