- Please use the Online Application Portal campo for your application and hand in your documents by mail. Kindly be aware that it might be required for you to hand in certified copies.
- Application deadline is the End of June, 2021. Kindly note that your documents must have arrived at FAU before this deadline.
- Start of the program: October / November each year.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to emphasize that we strongly suggest submitting your applications as early as possible.This relates to the digital upload of all documents in CAMPO as well as to the postal/physical shipping of all required documents to the Master’s Office of FAU in Erlangen, Germany. If you are an international student outside of the European Union, we would like to emphasize that the procedure for a student visa can take up to 3 months – under normal circumstances. Currently, it takes significantly longer. Hence, the earlier you submit your application, the higher are the chances that you can participate in the MIBS program starting in Fall 2021.
To be enclosed in the application:
- Curriculum vitae including passport photo (2 pages max.)
- Certificate of bachelor’s degree (if you have not received your bachelor certificate by the day of application, please send in the most recent transcript of records)
- Transcript of university records. The transcript should clearly state the courses you have taken and the grades you have achieved. Please also attach an explanation of the grading system used if it is not clearly stated in the transcript. Please make sure to mark the courses in the areas “business/business administration” and “statistics/econometrics/mathematics” in your transcript.
- High school graduation certificate (“international baccalaureate” or “Abitur”) and transcript
- Certificate of English language proficiency (required scores see below)
- Certificates of further foreign languages spoken, if applicable
- Proof of experience abroad, e.g. an internship certificate, copy of registration card, scholarship, transcript, etc.
- A digital copy of your application video in a common format, e.g. MP4 (more information can be found below under the section ‘selection criteria’)
- Applicants from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia will have to include APS certification
Applicants from Germany are required to send in a copy of their degree certificates and transcripts by mail.
Applicants from outside Germany are required to send in certified copies. All required documents must be submitted in German or English. In case your documents were issued in a different language, please have them professionally translated. All translations of the required documents have to be made by an official translator and must bear the signature and stamp of the translator. If the required enclosures are submitted as photocopies, they have to be officially certified copies. Please read these guidelines on certification and translation of documents.
Authenticity of all submitted documents will be examined by the university when the application is received. In case of any counterfeit documents, the application will be disqualified. Also, if you are granted admission, you are required to verify all information given in your application form and photocopied attachments by presenting the original documents upon matriculation (e.g., degree certificate, transcript of university records).
English language proficiency is to be verified by one of the documents listed below:
- TOEFL-Test with minimum score of 105+ (iBT). The University of Erlangen-Nuremberg TOEFL code is 8265 (please add the name of the Master program “International Business Studies”).
- IELTS test with minimum score of 7.5
- or equivalent (English-speaking Bachelor’s Degree in US, UK, IRE, CAN, AUS, NZL)
Test results can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org until 30th of June of each year in case the test takes longer.
A basic knowledge in German is recommended but not obligatory for application.
There are no tuition fees in Germany.
Admission to the Master in International Business Studies program is based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration, Management, Economics or a related subject, and the respective, individual GPA in this degree
- Knowledge in business/business administration pertinent to the degree program (at least 30 ECTS)
- Knowledge in statistics/econometrics/mathematics pertinent to the degree program (at least 5 ECTS)
- English language proficiency (at least TOEFL 105, IELTS 7.5)
- Relevant experience abroad (at least three months outside of your home country)
- Introductory video: Applicants must upload and hand in an application video introducing themselves and stating why they are suitable candidates for the MIBS program
- Knowledge of languages other than English, German, and mother tongue
- Knowledge of the German language (at least A1)
Application video information:
Your application video should convey who you are as a person and why you are a suitable candidate to study the MIBS. You should focus on your personal qualifications and interests, and what you could learn from the program. There are no guiding questions or such and you are completely free to make the video your own! It should not exceed or fall short of the 1 minute and 30 seconds we request. Next to English, also sentences from other languages can be used if they are subtitled. Be creative! The outfit – be it a suit or sports jersey – is fully up to you.
The video has to be uploaded on a portal like youtube or similar and the URL has to be provided to us in CAMPO. Moreover, the video needs to be send to FAU physically on an USB device or CD/DVD. No exemption can be made. Applications without a video will be rejected.
Updated admission requirements valid since 2020:
Referring to the current examination regulations and the FPOIBS of the FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, the MIBS has so called exclusion criteria in its admission requirements. If one of the following criteria is not applicable to your profile, your application will be directly rejected.
Hence, we recommend to apply only if the following criteria are all matched:
Bachelor's degree connected to international business with a GPA better than 2.5 in the German grading scale Minimum of 30 ECTS in business courses Minimum of 5 ECTS in statistics courses Mandatory abroad experience outside of your home country. Minimum: 3 months English language proficiency proven by a minimum of TOEFL 105 or IELTS 7.5 Submission of a mandatory application video