Admission to the Master in International Business Studies program is based on several criteria. In the first stage of the qualification assessment process, the relevant documents are assessed by the selection committee. If students score more than 69 points, direct admission is given. In the second stage of the qualification assessment process, applicants with a score of 50–69 points must write an essay on a certain topic related to a question from the field of International Business Studies within one week. Information about the procedure will be given to concerned students in due course.
Please be aware of the fact that the MIBS program receives more than 1.000 applications each year (1.154 in 2018).
- Please use the Online Application Portal campo for master’s degree course for your application and hand in your documents by mail.
- Application deadline is May 31st each year. Kindly note that your documents must have arrived at FAU before this deadline.
- Start of the program: October each year.
To be enclosed in the application:
- Letter of motivation (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae including passport photo (2 pages max.)
- Certificate of bachelor’s degree (if you have not received your bachelor certificate by the day of application, please send in the most recent transcript)
- Transcript of university records. The transcript should clearly state the courses you have taken and the grades you have achieved. Please also attach an explanation of the grading system used if it is not clearly stated in the transcript
- High school graduation certificate (“international baccalaureate” or “Abitur”) and transcript
- Certificate of language proficiency (required scores see below)
- Applicants from China, Vietnam, and Mongolia will have to include APS certification
Please enclose any proof of abroad and professional experience to ensure consideration of these two criteria.
All required documents must be submitted in German or English.
Applicants from Germany are required to send in a copy of their degree certificates and transcripts by mail.
Applicants from outside Germany are required to send in certified copies. All translations of the required documents have to be made by an official translator and must bear the signature and stamp of the translator. If the required enclosures are submitted as photocopies, they have to be officially certified copies. Please read these guidelines on certification and translation of documents.
Authenticity of all submitted documents will be examined by the university when the application is received. In case of any counterfeit documents, the application will be disqualified. Also, if you are granted admission, you are required to verify all information given in your application form and photocopied attachments by presenting the original documents upon matriculation (e.g., degree certificate, transcript of university records).
English language proficiency is to be verified by one of the documents listed below:
- TOEFL-Test with minimum score of 100+ (iBT). The University of Erlangen-Nuremberg TOEFL code is 8265 (please add the name of the Master program “International Business Studies”).
- IELTS test with minimum score of 6.5 (each section minimum 5.5)
- or equivalent.
Please note that TOEFL, IELTS, and other test results are not accepted if they are more than two years old.
Test results can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15th June of each year. The respective application already has to be filed and sent before 31st May via CAMPO and by mail.
A basic knowledge in German is recommended but not obligatory for application.
There are no tuition fees in Germany.
Admission to the Master in International Business Studies program is based on the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Business, Business Administration, Management, Economics or a related subject, and the respective, individual GPA in this degree
- Knowledge in business administration pertinent to the degree program
- Knowledge in statistics pertinent to the degree program
- English language proficiency
- Relevant work experience
- Relevant international experience (work, studies)
- Language proficiency in languages other than English